Blackford County Schools Supt. Chad Yencer has announced graduation plans for Blackford High School seniors.
“We want to express our continued gratitude to our community during this time. We are thankful for the support shown for our students, teachers and staff,” Yencer said in an update to patrons. “As we near the end of the 2019-2020 school year, I wanted to share an update on current planning at BCS.”
Information for the Class of 2020
• Blackford High School will hold graduation for the Class of 2020 on Sunday afternoon, July 12, 2020. We will continue to work with health professionals to determine the details of the ceremony. Please save the date and look for more information in the coming weeks.
• BHS is organizing a Senior parade on May 20 at 6:30 p.m. The parade will go through parade through Hartford City and Montpelier. Look for more information next week.
• Senior Awards will be held virtually on May 29. The high school is working with presenters to create a program to celebrate these accomplishments. This will be posted to the school website and social media.
• Seniors will be able to get a physical copy of their transcript on June 1 between 8 am and 5 pm.
End of the School Year:
Next week will be the last scheduled week of school, with Friday,May 15 being a review day. On Monday, May 18, there will be a normal Monday packet turn in, and all chrome books should be returned on that day.
School Lunch Program:
• The last day of our current program on lunch pick up and delivery will be Monday, May 18.
• On Tuesday May 26, and on Mondays through June 22, there will be a summer lunch program that will be pick-up only. The Hartford City location will move to BJSHS for this program due to increased roof construction at Northside. This lunch program will be curbside pick up only. Pick up times will be 11-12 p.m. We will share a new form to get accurate counts of those wishing to participate.
Online Registration: Online Registration for 2020-2021 will open June 29.
Just a reminder that a virtual Kindergarten Roundup for 2020-2021 is currently underway. If you have an upcoming kindergarten student, please complete the Kindergarten questionnaire form online at https://forms.gle/9aofD8zg7WzMeZX57
Planning for Next Year:
As with many aspects during the pandemic, there are uncertain times about specific fall plans. The Governor has stated that in late June-early July there will be more guidance about what school may look like in the fall. Please continue to watch for direct mailings and your email or our school’s website and social media for updates about our fall programming.