This school year looked different for many schools but teachers stepped up to the challenge and developed creative projects for their classes. In light of the pandemic, ViaCU made the decision to provide funding to each teacher that applied for the Grant this school year!! Therefore, Via Credit Union awarded 23 grants totaling over $9,000. Over the years, ViaCU has funded 116 projects totaling over $47,000 to area teachers.
The grant recipients will use the funds for the following projects:
• Andrea Allison, Eastbrook South Elementary | Show Me the Alphabet!
• Rachael Banter, Blackford Intermediate School | Classroom Podcast
• Lisa Belcher, Oak Hill Junior High | Encouraging a Community through Book Advertisementsers
• Beth Boswell, Oak Hill Junior High | My Life
• Brittney Creager, Park Elementary | Vast Projects with Vinyl
• Rebecca Crim, Leesburg Elementary | Courage to Compose
• Logan Dooley, Eastbrook South Elementary | Orton-Gillingham multisensory
• Anissa Fox, Lakeview Christian School | Flocabulary
• Caitlyn Garber, Frankton Jr/Sr High School | Movement & Support Using Skeletal Models
• Lori Goff, Oak Hill High School | Eagle Cafe
• Amanda Green, Blackford Intermediate School | The Great Grow Along
• Amy Holton, Washington Elementary | International Learners Club
• Tiffany Ickes Pauley, Northside Elementary | Northside Peace Garden
• Kari Johnson, Oak Hill Junior High | Author Engagement
• Ronda Myers, The King’s Academy | Biology Greenhouse
• Cara Oliver, Justice Intermediate School | Socially Distancing Furniture
• Chris Painter, Montpelier Elementary School | Podcast
• Jesse Pruitt, Frankton Jr/Sr High School | The De-Escalation Cart
• Tim Tarplee, Lapel High School | Coding and Development
• Brynley Thomas, Oak Hill Junior High | Literary Ornaments
• Carla Trible, Eastbrook High School | Ornithology- Biodiversity, Behavior and Motion
• Kristina Wagner, Lapel High School | Whiteboard
• Carissa Watters, Frankton Jr/Sr High School | Fraction Tiles
View grant recipients photos at https://www.viacu.org/about/community.html#teachergrants.
ViaCU Scholarships to High School Seniors
Via Credit Union recognizes the importance of education, which is why they offer six $1,000 Scholarships to High School Seniors who have been a member of ViaCU for one year by the application deadline and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applications are available online at www.viacu.org and at any of the six branch locations in Marion, Gas City, Hartford City and Warsaw.
All applications must be submitted to Via Credit Union by March 15, 2021. Please call 765.674.6631 with questions.